Spirit Weapons are weapons with a spirit inside them. You can openly communicate with this spirit, which, as its social level increases, recalls more of the ancient days of Erinn. When first created, a spirit weapon has a slightly enhanced level of damage, critical, balance, etc. As it is fed the right food, though, which is for spirit weapons equipment, its levels of Social, Dexterity, Strength, Luck, Intelligence, and Will all rise. These levels affect status growth of the spirit.
Making a Spirit Weapon
To obtain a Spirit Weapon the player must have the following:
- A weapon with the following status:
- -100 Proficiency
- -80% of its original maximum durability
- -No Upgrades
Note: If the weapon is enchanted, the spirit creation process can still be done, and the enchant will be removed.
- 30 Elemental Removers.
- Spirit Stone of the desired type.
- Only the following weapons can be used:
-Weapons names are sorted alphabetically -
- Talking to Aodhan with the Private Story keyword while wielding a 100 Proficiency weapon will start the quest.
- Talk to Edern to receive The Fossil of Ancient Stone Keyword.
- This will complete the main quest to obtain a spirit weapon, if the player has already obtained a Spirit Stone and the Elemental Removers then is possible to skip the following and talk to Tarlach with the Spirit Weapon Contract keyword for the final steps.
- This dungeon contains ore veins before the boss room that drop fossils. A pick axe is required.
- After collecting the fossils Edern will be able to refine them into Spirit Stones. The gender and the weapon are randomized in this process.
- Obtain 30 Elemental Removers.
Price And Lassar sells them.
- Talk to Tarlach using the Spirit Weapon Contract keyword for the final steps.
Faster/Easier way to obtain a Spirit Weapon
You will not obtain the keyword Ancient Spirit Fossil, and you will not be able to get the passes to enter the dungeon after obtaining your spirit weapon. Follow the directions after step six to obtain the keyword.
1. Obtain a 100(100%) proficent weapon.
2. Obtain a Spirit Stone.
3. Obtain 30 Elemental Removers.
4. Talk to Aodhan in Emain Macha with a 100 proficiency weapon equipped (max durability, upgrades, enchants, etc. do not matter to start the quest). You will receive a quest after you talk about Private Story. If the weapon with 100 proficiency is a sword (dagger, ect.), you cannot be dual wielding or Aodhan will not give you the quest.
* This step is skipped if it isn't your first spirit weapon.
5. Talk to Tarlach sometime between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. in Sidhe Sneachta. He will notice that you already have a spirit stone and give you the keyword Spirit Weapon's Contract.
6. Talk to Tarlach using the keyword Spirit Weapon's Contract, and he will let you choose the type of Spirit Stone and the weapon and then have you name your new Spirit Weapon.
* The original quest for obtaining a spirit weapon remains in your quest log, you may choose to complete it for the keyword if you wish to sell spirit stones to other players or supply your friends with some.
Stats and Information
Strength affects maximum and minimum damage rates.
Intelligence affects damage balance rates.
Dexterity affects injury rates.
Luck affects critical hit rates.
Will affects maximum durability.
Social affects spirit weapon glow, power of Spirit Weapon Awakening skill (Available at SOC21), and the recollection of ancient Erinn memories.